Thursday, November 18, 2010

Jesus the Christ: the Man in the middle

Luke 23:33  "and when they were come to the place, which is called Calvery, there they crucified him, and the malfactors, one on the right hand and the other on the left"
   
     There was this father and son, the father bought his son a shiney new toy car to play with. One day the boy broke his car and started to cry, he brought the wheel of the car to his dad and asked him to fix it, his daddy told him son i can't fix this. The boy cried louder took the wheel and walked away. He came back with another broken piece crying saying daddy fix my car ,his dad looked at his son and said  I want to fix it but I can't, see the boy didn't realize his daddy needed the whole car in order to fix it . Saints , I wish I could tell  you that I've been saved my whole life, but the truth is I haven't.See that thief that hung on the left of Jesus use to be me. I went to church, my mother taught me about God, when I messed up I would go to God and ask him to fix it, but like the boy I wouldn't bring him my whole life. I would take him parts of it. I would take him my personal problems ,but keep my financial affairs to myself, or i'd take him my mother get on my nerve complains but my addictions I said I could handle. See I wanted him to fix me but I would bring me to him.But after a 18 year crack addiction, when I was broken, and beaten,  when I had lost everything, my family,kids,self respect, job , and place to live, when I found myself trapped in the darkness of sin, sick and tired of being sick and tired, homeless, sleeping on a bus stop bench in Las Vegas Nevada, feeling blocked with a  drug addiction, which I wanted to be freed of behind me, and the red sea before me,( all the things which promised me freedom I was now a slave too),I couldn't see no way out, just when I was about to throw in the towel, Then came Jesus; see as I laid on that bench, a drunk man came up to me and said " If you want something you never had before try somebody you never tried before , try Jesus" now first I though he's just drunk. (Then it hit me when you are in the dark, it don't matter whose holding the light just follow it out of darkness.)  I laid there and looked up to heaven and (having no faith of my own I stepped out on my mothers faith) I said " God My Mother Said ,You can Do Anything, I Need  To See You For Myself". Now don't get me wrong, when I woke up I was still homeless and hungry, but there was something going on on the inside, it is something I couldn't find words to explain, there was peace, that I could understand, a joy that I couldn't explain, a comfort of knowing everything was going to be alright. I know what it was now, see through the washing of regeneration, I was being made new , born another, different from the first, Jesus had come between the old me and the new me. He separated us by time ,see the old me he called then and the new me he calls now.I heard a voice say"This day you shall be with me in paradise, I am the way ,the truth and the life". Jesus the man in the middle who separated me from my sins that I might be called the righteousness of God. Got Jesus? tell a friend change a life.

3 comments:

  1. When ever life tries to show me its worst, I just remember where God has brought me from and thank Jesus and keep on smiling. If you want to know why i ask if you Got Jesus, its because i know what life is like with him and without him and i want everyone to know that Jesus Christ is the way

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that because of God we can go from being thieves to being with God in paradise. He created man in the garden of eden (paradise) but sin separated us from the garden, however through Christ we can go back to eden. Daily we are faced with choices and we can either be like the malefactor on the left or the right. We choose daily whom we serve. I have been through ups and downs, so has all but remember when you choose Christ you choose life, and when you resist Christ you choose death.
    Rev. Randell D Wiliams

    ReplyDelete
  3. I once was lost in sin, but Jesus took me in

    ReplyDelete