Thursday, November 18, 2010

The other side of me:( From the Rev. Ray Williams Collection)

Romans 7:21  "I find then a law,that,when I would do good evil is present with me:"
  Is there anyone here besides me that has discovered,that it seems to be much easier, or that I am a much better Christian in church on Suday mornings, than I am during the rest of the week.(lets be honest with ourselves today) Even though, I know i'm saved, I know that i'm a new creature in Christ, even though I know That I am his and Jesus is mine, sometimes the other side of me gets the best of me.Sometimes he is the domineering influence in my behavior;sometimes it's the other side of me that makes the decisions in my life.(I know I'm not the only one here today). See all my decisions are not Godly decisions, every now and then, I want the credit, I want to get my point across, sometimes, I think my responce will be the best responce for certain situations, every now and then I want people to know where I'm comming from. Just when you think he's gone, he shows up at some very unique oppertunities, and completely uninvited.See the other side of me is convienced that if I am ever going to get ahead, he has to come to the fore front. After all this is a dog eat dog world, so sometimes I have to let the dog out.The other side of me ,even though he is a enemy of God, he pretends to be my best friend,always looking out for what he feels is best for me. I'm talking about the other side of me, who thinks that the world revolves around him.Yes there is that side of me who loves the Lord, whose sole purpose is to live for the Lord and serve and worship him, and when ever I want to show the Godly side, that other side of me is lurking, looking, and waiting on that opportunity to challenge my christianity. Paul said there is a law, that when I would do good ,evil is right there waiting. When I would give ,take is right there;when I would share, selfishness is hanging around; when I would pray ,here comes gossip,when I would do good , bad is in the neighborhood, and when I would love, hate is on that thin line.But I thank God for Jesus., the source of my strenght in my time of weakness. Jesus the Christ the power to control the other side of me............Got Jesus?

1 comment:

  1. we are citizens of two natures,God gave us Jesus who has power over all flesh. It is in Jesus that we are made perfect,he is our hope, peace and strenght needed to deal with the other side we have. lean more on Jesus and contain the other side of me

    ReplyDelete